Ad Clicks : Ad Views : Ad Clicks : Ad Views : Ad Clicks : Ad Views : Ad Clicks : Ad Views : Ad Clicks : Ad Views : Ad Clicks : Ad Views : Ad Clicks : Ad Views : Ad Clicks : Ad Views : Ad Clicks : Ad Views : Ad Clicks : Ad Views : Ad Clicks : Ad Views : Ad Clicks : Ad Views : Ad Clicks : Ad Views : Ad Clicks : Ad Views : Ad Clicks : Ad Views : Ad Clicks : Ad Views : Ad Clicks : Ad Views : Ad Clicks : Ad Views : Ad Clicks : Ad Views : Ad Clicks : Ad Views :
Home / DIY Ideas / Coffee Table

Coffee Table

/
/

My sister’s boyfriend hit our fence so i made a coffee table

For my first venture into DIY, I’m really happy with the way this turned out! I was inspired by another /r/DIY project which you can see here http://imgur.com/a/ty2B8When I was in Middle school my sister’s boyfriend hit our fence with my dad’s truck, and ever since then we have had all of these fence boards just taking up space in the garage.I started by making the frame and just using a brad nailer and wood glue. The wood for the frame actually came from a coffee table I bought on Craigslist. After I got it home, I had serious buyers remorse after I started noticing more and more flaws, and thought I could do that bad all by myself! I tore that table apart and cut the boards down to create what you see here.I initially thought I would just glue together 2×4’s for the legs, but my dad suggested cutting a dado instead and I think it looks much better.The runner is flush with the tops of both legs and the gap between the top of the frame and the legs is equal to the thickness of the boards.Got the rest of the boards sanded down and testing the dry fit. I ended up doing some wet sanding with a mask because I couldn’t be sure that the paint on the boards wasn’t lead based as the fence was there before we moved in.I used Minwax Natural stain for the table top just to bring out all the different hues and grain in the wood. I then went with a high gloss water-based poly to finish. I believe this picture is after the first coat of poly. I applied 4 coats and it seemed like the wood really soaked up the first 2-3. I only sanded after the 3rd coat.Ignore my boxes, still in the moving process!The frame is Minwax Jacobean stain with a semigloss poly. I wanted to make the top really stand out from the frame, so I tried to mute the frame a little bit. I’m very happy with the result! I think the only thing that I would do differently is to 45 the corners of the frame, but you live and you learn! Thanks for looking!

Author | Source

Leave a Reply